Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Couple More One Hour Baskets

I made a pair of baskets to give as gifts. Here is the link to the tutorial.



Quilting the exterior does add to the time frame, but they still are pretty quick to make.

Again, I put the handles on the long sides instead of the short side and cut them 11" long instead of 9" long. This time I made the body and lining one piece, instead of two, so that there is no seam in the bottom of the basket. This meant I had to adjust the cut out made for boxing the bottom to allow for the fact that there is a seam on the side but not on the bottom. This also meant that I had to leave the whole for turning in the side seam of the lining. It all worked out just fine. I think things will sit better in the basket with no seam in the bottom.




1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

"Totes" adorbs. Pun intended. Hahaha!