Monday, April 25, 2016

Professional Tote :: A Finish

I recently completed a Professional Tote as a store sample.


I used two of the Art Gallery denims I purchased for my shop. These are really nice fabrics to work with!

I wish I took more photos of this bag! I've taught this bag numerous times, but this is the first one I actually made. The pattern is really nice. It is well-written with plenty of diagrams. The bag finishes at 18" wide by 15" tall by 5" deep and has lots of pockets both inside and out.

The only thing I'm not happy with is the fusible interfacing I used. I used Decor Bond which is what the pattern calls for, but it is really stiff. It's too stiff for my tastes. I will be making a Mini Professional Tote soon and plan to use my favorite Shape Flex interfacing in it for comparison.

I'll try to remember to take more pictures of this one when I post about the Mini Professional Tote. 


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I really like your bag. Haven't seen any of that fabric, but it looks fantastic,