Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Fresh Cut :: A Finish

The pattern books are now available so I can finally share with you my version of Sue Spargo's 2017 BOM, Fresh Cut.


I was in the last group to receive my kit each month so I started this at the end of January 2017 and finished it in April 2018. It is all hand applique, hand embroidery and hand quilted with a seed stitch. The finished size is 49" by 49".

See, this is one reason why I don't have too much to share with you here. I am not able to share my progress on Sue's BOM projects online until after the patterns come out. Sue has had problems with other designers stealing her designs in the past so she instituted a "no online sharing" rule until the pattern is released.

I estimate that it took me about 600 hours to complete this project! It was so much fun that I signed up for this year's BOM too, Homegrown. Unfortunately, I won't be able to share anything about that project until this time next year but I am working on it every chance I get.

Here are a few close-ups of Fresh Cut:




I had so much fun working on this one! It was even more fun since I had four local friends making it too. We met a couple times a month at my shop to work on our blocks together. We all signed up for Homegrown this year and managed to wrangle a few more friends for Homegrown too. 



3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

That is beautiful. Looks like a lot of work too. But worth it!

Unknown said...

I love your idea of seed stitch as your method for quilting! Did you use a hoop for your quilting? What a great idea!

Unknown said...

Beaut,