Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Modern Gratitude :: A Finish

The top was completed back in January 2017. It was a one of the scrap group projects at my shop that year. Click here to read that post.


I really like this one and I'm glad that it is finally finished so I can enjoy it. Once I started pulling out completed tops to take to the quilter I began finding them every where! I had lots more completed tops than I realized. I've emptied one storage area of completed tops but they keep turning up! Now instead of just putting them back I'm pulling backing fabric, batting and sending them to a local long arm quilter. I'm determined that my son will not inherit a bunch of completed tops. He may inherit a bunch of completed, unused quilts - but I'm fine with that.



4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow! That is beautiful and involved a lot of work! Great job.

Sherry said...

What a great quilt!

My DH cut batting for a quilt he is doing for a step grandson . . . and we had a huge roll of batting so I started looking for quilt tops that I had done.

I found 10 without even breaking a sweat!

So, last Sunday we took the roll of batting to our guild meeting and cut the batting needed for 11 quilts!

Now I just need to get the backings done for my quilts while his quilt is on the frame getting done.

I'm guessing we will both have binding marathons in our futures! LOL

Unknown said...

That is a great quilt and well worth the wait, and the finish. Congratulations! I have about decided that we will just have a quilt raffle at my funeral. One last service to all.

Barb said...

Just love it...looks fantastic