Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Second Batik Rug Finished

 For this rug I used 9 yards of fabric. It finished at 26" by 36" but as expected the size shifted after washing and drying. It's now 24" by 37".

second batik rug finished

I have enough strips cut to make another rug using these exact same fabrics. For that one I can't decide how I want to order the six different fabrics. Should I use all of each fabric so the stripes are wider or should I pick a fabric order and use one strip of each so that the fabric changes every 6 inches or so? I'll think about it for a bit, then make a decision and get busy on the third one.

You can read my previous post about the making of this rug by click here.

And all of the batik fabrics I have in stock in my shop are currently in my clearance section for $9 per yard. If you'd like to make a batik rug similar to mine you can pick up some gorgeous batik fabrics for a great price, while supplies last. You can make whatever you like with them though, not just a rug. Click here to go to the clearance section of my online shop. And in case you are wondering, yes I will still be carrying batik fabrics in my shop but I'm going to start over with all new batiks once I've sold out of what I currently have.



No comments: