Monday, March 25, 2024

March Meowness 2024 Winner

  We have a winner of the 2024 March Meowness Contest. Fabric S Cat in the Box Cats & Boxes is the winner!

Fabric S: Cat in the Box Cats & Boxes, March Meowness 2024 Winning Fabric

I thought I would share with you some photos of completed projects using cat fabrics. I have been a collector of cat fabrics since I started quilting in 1995. In 2022 I made a table cloth quilt for myself and family using a variety of cat fabrics that I have collected over the years from various quilt shops I visited.

Table Cloth Quilt using Cat Fabrics

The backing fabric is also cat fabric. You can see that back and read about the quilt by clicking on the following link: New Table Cloth Quilt You can download a copy of the free pattern I used to make the quilt if you follow the link. I used different size squares for my version because I needed it to fit my table.

I've also made several bags with cat fabrics. These Tourist Totes were made in May 2023.

Tourist Totes using cat fabrics

You can read more about them by following this link: More Tourist Totes

And a customer made this one.

Tourist Tote made by Rose using Cat fabric

The cat fabric used is fabric M: Puddy Cats Funny Felines which I still have in stock.

Thank you to everyone who played along! I will do the drawing to select the winners of the fat quarter bundles of cat fabrics tomorrow, March 26, 2024. Since I had so many folks play along I decided to choose four winners instead of just one. I'll notify the winners privately tomorrow, Tuesday March 26, 2024.

I had so much fun with this silly little cat fabric contest that I've decided to do something for the Dog Days of Summer. The official dates for that are July 3 - August 11. I haven't decided exactly what we'll do for Dog Days of Summer but it will be something fun and silly like this and will most likely happen the end of July or early August so stay tuned for that.



No comments: