Monday, April 1, 2013

Another Wallet

Over the weekend I needed a quick project. I decided to make another wallet.


The one on the left is the one I made a week ago. You can read about that and get the pattern info here. I took a few more photos of them so you could see the inside and the back.



A credit card or ID fits nicely in each pocket. A bit of cash fits nicely in the largest, main pocket. These just snap closed so it isn't very secure for change. I used the left over bits of the Madrona Road print and linen from the iPad/Kindle bag I made. They were already out on my cutting table. I decided it was easier to make something with it rather than fold it up and put it away. Lazy I know, but it's true!

I have no purpose in mind for either of these. I just enjoyed making them. It took me longer to sew the snaps on by hand than it did to do the rest of the sewing. I'll put them in my gift stash or possibly take one to guild for a door prize.


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

These are so cute. You have inspired me and I made one this weekend. They are so easy and fun to make. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Denise in PA said...

Cute - and, again, love that Madrona Road! You gave me a chuckle with it was easier to make them to fold the fabric and put it away - I can relate! o:)

Mama Pea said...

Cute! What great things for your gift stash! Have you tried using one of those snap setters with the snaps that you "clamp" on? They turn out pretty nice, and no hand sewing! :-)

The Slow Quilter said...

They are great little gifts, you planning to give a tute on them?