Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hump Day

I love Wednesdays! I get to go to work at my LQS on Wednesdays. It's the best job - ever! Kits for our second block challenge are now available, if you are local. I finished my block.


The red background fabric is the one I added, everything else is from the kit. The theme is "April Showers Bring May Flowers" and your block must contain a flower on it some where. I think I'm good in that department. Blocks are due May 1st and then the Viewer's Choice voting commences. I can't win anything since I'm an employee, so it doesn't matter if everyone knows which block is mine.

Spooky was keeping me company over the weekend while I top-stitched my block.


She looked so cute curled up on my practice machine quilting pieces. Then she started falling off the bookcase.


Crazy cat!


4 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your block and that red background. So, you get the kit of fabrics and are challenged to make something that depicts a flower? Is that how it works? Sounds like something I might like to do at our LQS or a Bee. Love that Spooky.

Denise in PA said...

Hey, Spooky meant to do that! LOL! Too funny! Lilly did something similar the other day and got up and sauntered off as if to say "what are YOU looking at" - ha ha! Love that block o:)

Mama Pea said...

Love your block. I have to tell you, I'm a little jealous that you get to go do this on Wednesdays. It would be so fun.....

One of our cats has gone missing since last Wednesday. I'm very sad about it.

Barb said...

Your strips are turned under? I love it either way.