Monday, April 15, 2013

This and That

I have't had much time for sewing recently. I have made no progress on quilting my Bohemian Stripe since last Tuesday.

This doesn't mean I haven't done any sewing. I have finished my challenge piece for this months guild meeting. I don't want to show it to you yet though. The next meeting is this Saturday. I'll show it to you next Monday.

I got the binding on my art group piece, Timelines.


We decided to bind them all in black since they are going on a black background.

I'm binding another black background for my art group.


And I'm working on the next 12 by 12 project my art group is doing. We've changed up our procedure a bit for these 12 by 12 projects. Instead of just drawing a theme each time, we are also drawing a technique. The theme is "doors" and the technique is "beading." Here is what mine looks like this morning.


I know! It's barely started and our next meeting is tomorrow! I know it won't be done by tomorrow, but I hope to get a good start on it this afternoon. It took me a while to come up with an idea that excited me. Then I had to order the black and white peace sign fabric. The beading part will take a good amount of time, but I should be able to get the rest done fairly quickly. I plan for it to be fairly simple so the beading can be the focus.



2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow, you are busy. I love your timeline quilt. Those blues are so peaceful. I love that fabric for your challenge that is supposed to be done tomorrow. I have to laugh because I'm always behind too. Looking forward to seeing what you do with that piece.

Mama Pea said...

Maybe you are going for a The Doors (as in Jim Morrison) rather than "doors." :-) Have fun with it. I'm always behind, as you know.