Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Love Shack Progress

I'm still working on my door with beads art group 12 by 12. I'm calling mine "Love Shack." Here is what it looked like without any beads.


This is what it looks like this morning.


Over the weekend my husband commented on how he thought I'd have been done with this already. He didn't realize that I am stringing all these beads by hand.


I've been dumping various beads into the square container in the foreground. As necessary, I refill the square container to maintain a good mix of beads for my strands.

One of the other members of my art group suggested that I put some buttons along the side so that the door can be "open" sometimes. I'm going to try to make this idea work. But, first I'm going to finish beading the door.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

It's coming along great. Are you going to have a way to pull the beads back so you can see the cute little guy inside?

Mama Pea said...

It's really looking good. I like the idea of having a way to have it open if you want to. I know you'll come up with something great!