Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Modern Spools - Finished

As promised yesterday, today I'm showing you my finished Modern Spools quilt.


The photo above was taken yesterday afternoon, after it had been washed. I needed to wash it because of the blood spot my kitty left on the top from a cut paw. Below you can see the finished top before washing with an arrow pointing to the blood stain.


I purposely hung the quilt in the same orientation so that you can see that the blood stain is gone in the first photo. Yay!

Here is a close-up of the quilting.


If you look closely you may be able to see that I quilted spools in the blank squares. Clicking on the photo will enlarge it a bit.

For the back I used this fun cup print.


I have posted this information before, but I think it is nice to have it on the final post showing the finished quilt too. The spool block pattern I used is from the January 2014 Aurifil Block of the Month. The link will take you to the Designer of the Month page for January and the pattern information is at the end of the post. To make your own version of my quilt, you will also need these additional instructions that include fabric requirements and the layout for the quilt. The quilt finishes at 57" by 69".


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Lynn, I love your quilt. I'll have to show the Happy Scrappers and maybe we could do one too. Looks like a great way to use those scraps. Love that backing too. How cute! Thanks for the links.

Denise in PA said...

Looks great, Lynn! So glad the stain came out. Poor kitty!!

P. said...

It's gorgeous! What a great quilt!