Friday, June 6, 2014

A Partial Finish

This will be the project my scrap group ladies will be working on this month.


I'm calling it Woven Heart. It uses some of the extra rail fence blocks I created for my Stars and Scrappy Stripes. This one will also be donated to my local hospital for an oncology patient when it is completed. It will finish at 45" by 54".

Yes, I cut squares from a single solid background fabric (Kona Ash) and sewed them back together. The quilt is slightly larger than the width of fabric so I would have had to piece it any way. I prefer the grid look created by the squares rather than having some long rectangular pieces and some squares. It will also mean no marking for the way I plan to quilt this.

This is the second heart quilt I've made. The first one is a slightly smaller version. I blogged about it here: Scraps of My Heart.


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

OMGosh! I love that quilt. What a wonderful way to use those scraps and make something so beautiful. I bet the hospital will love it too!

Mina said...

This looks wonderful! I am going to put it on my to-do list. I also like to cut my solids in squares too :)

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt!