Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New Toy

After using the Accuquilt Studio cutter we have at my LQS for over a year I decided that I needed one at my house.



I got a great deal on the cutter and the dies were also on sale.



I got the circle die on the right because I'm planning to do a quilt that requires 99 circles for  just the border. I haven't counted how many circles the blocks require. I'm not sure I want to know at this point. My Sue Spargo BOM also requires a lot of circles so I'm hoping this will help me with that project too. I got the flower dies on the left mainly because of the small circles on the die.

The half square triangle die will be used for cutting scraps. I love to use HST units in my scrap quilts but I really don't like trimming them down. I'm not an accurate enough seamstress to sew them correctly without trimming, unless I have them cut perfectly to begin with. I've made a few store samples using the die cut HST pieces and they have all gone together so nicely.

I could just use the cutter at the store and I have. But sometimes I'd like to be able to cut on my off days and if I go in to the store I always get sucked into doing something in addition to the project I went in there to work on. I'd also like to be able to cut in the evenings. Now I can!




3 comments:

Barb said...

How fun for you.....

Mama Pea said...

Oh, you lucky girl! How fun!

Mama Pea said...

Not sure my comment posted. Sorry. I was distracted. I said, "Oh, you lucky girl! How fun for you!"