Monday, August 31, 2015

Transformation

Friday morning I turned this blanket


Into these two bags


The handles are black Kona solid. The lining is a denim chambray. 


I didn't add any pockets to these. I didn't want to detract from the blanket fabric on the outside. On the inside, I was just too lazy to add pockets. My plan for these is that they are simple market bags made for holding your purchases.

I've had the blanket for years. It was a gift from someone. I don't remember who now. The blanket has been kept folded up at the back of the guest room closet for far too long. Last week I tackled the guest room closet as part of my whole house purge. 

I've kept this blanket all this time thinking that it would make a nice bag. As it turns out, it makes two nice bags. The bags measure 19" tall by 18" wide by 6" deep. I plan to give one to a friend as a Christmas gift. I will keep the other unless I come across someone else I think would like it.

Also on Friday, I finished my white on black stitched sketch project. Click here to see the black on white ones I did.


Friday was a productive day!


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your bags. What a great idea. I'm on a whole house purge too, but I doubt I'll find anything that nice.