Friday, October 9, 2015

Scrappy Little Wishes Update

A few weeks ago I showed you the start of my blocks for Pat Sloan's Scrappy Little Wishes Challenge. Click here to read that post and for the link to the challenge.

After completing my scrap group mystery quilt last week, I realized that I made way too many half square triangles for that project and even sewed quite a few of them into star points. These are the same size as I need for Scrappy Little Wishes. So I changed gears on this project and used the star points I had already sewn. 


For some reason I made 14 nine patch centers. Thus, despite having already made two blocks with my scrappy white/cream backgrounds, I had enough to do the above 12 blocks with gray background fabric.


So I've made 14 blocks in all. The 12 with the gray background will become one quilt. I have already cut sashing fabric from the gray and will use more 2.5" scrap squares as corner stones. This will give me a finished quilt size of about 44" by 56". 

I will keep working on the other blocks as I have everything cut to make at least 10 more of that color way. Maybe I will set them differently. I'll have to make them all and see what they tell me before making a final setting decision for them.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love these blocks. They are making nice quilts. You have inspired me. Going to Happy Scrappers today and saw your post, so I'm thinking this would be a great scrappy project today. Thanks!

Mama Pea said...

Love these! So fun and cheery. I wish I could do scrappy easily. It's so hard for me!