Friday, February 19, 2016

Art Group :: Circles

Back in August of last year my art group did some paintings. I posted photos of the ones I did. The idea we had at the time was that we would each choose one of our paintings, enlarge a section of it and then make a quilt from the enlargement.

What we ended up doing was choosing one of our paintings, making copies of it and then each of us picked a different section of the same painting to enlarge.

The painting we chose was one of mine. It is the one in the upper left in the photo below, the one with all the circles.


And here is my progress on the section that I chose to enlarge from the original.


We each enlarged a 2" square section of the original to an 18" square. We were permitted to omit portions of our chosen section in order to create a pleasing composition. We were suppose to stick with the original color palate, but were given license to recolor pieces in order to balance the colors.

Mine is only fused at this point. It still needs to be quilted. At this point I have no idea when that will happen. My store, Alamosa Quilt Company, opened on Monday. I will be pretty busy with getting things going for the next few weeks. The little sewing time I have at the moment is taken up with store and class samples. I look forward to getting back to this one though!


4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love what you have done with your piece. I may need to take one of my paintings and try that.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That is such a creative idea. That looks like an interesting piece. I like it!

West Michigan Quilter said...

What fun! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.

Mama Pea said...

This is wonderful!