Monday, February 8, 2016

Retreat Report

I had a wonderful time at my retreat over the weekend. It was a nice break. I'll be really busy this week preparing for my store opening on the 15th. 

The mystery blocks this time were "hugs and kisses" blocks. Here are the two I made.


And this is the completed top.


One of the ladies will finish it and turn it in for our oncology project.

I only worked on two of the five or six projects I took with me. My main project was my Postcard from Sweden quilt. I showed you the fabrics I was using previously. Click here to see them all.

There was quite a bit of snow up at the retreat center so I took my project outside after I had a few rows together for a photo.


I came home with half of the top together and all but one row of HST units made. I will finish it up this week and get a photo for you. This will hang in my shop as a store sample. I plan to make up kits for my version of this quilt. The original used all Kona solids. My version uses all Moda fabric, because this is mainly what my store has at the moment. The fabrics are a mix of Grunge, Crossweave Wovens and Bella Solids.

The original quilt is gorgeous, but I really like the movement the Grunge and Wovens add to the solids.

I'll show you the other project I worked on later this week.



2 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Our local quilt store has the grunge fabrics, and I'm fascinated by them. Trying to think up a suitable project to use them. They do have a lot of movement. Looking forward to seeing all of the hard work you are putting into your store. Sally

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love both of your projects. Sounds like you had a great time. Good luck on your opening!