Monday, June 8, 2020

Great Outdoors Quilt :: A Finish

Are you familiar with Connie Haley? Google her if you aren't to see all of her great designs. Now a fabric company has started working with her to get her designs on fabric. This quilt uses one of her lines, Great Outdoors, that I got in my shop this year. 

Here is the quilt.


The front has a newspaper print in it and I used a slightly different colorway of this print for the back.


Here are the fabrics from the line that I ordered. The first is a panel and second/third are the coordinates. All but the last one are used in the quilt top.




The quilt finishes at 56" by 56" which is the perfect size for an RV quilt, a lap quilt or a really nice sized wall hanging. The piecing is fairly simple allowing the awesome fabrics to do all the work!

If you want a kit, you can go to the Etsy shop, Alamosa Quilt Company on Etsy, to purchase it. The kit does not include the backing fabric but I'd be happy to add some to your order. If you look closely at the quilt you will notice that the allover camper fabric (last one in the photos above) is not used on the front of the quilt. It would also make a nice backing for the quilt or you could use the newsprint one like I did. Just convo me through Etsy if you want to add backing fabric. 


No comments: