Monday, October 11, 2021

Itsy Bitsy Panels

Northcott fabrics has a new collection called Itsy Bitsy panels. These are one yard by width of fabric panels that each have 9 fabrics per yard.

Itsy Bitsy Panel

Itsy Bitsy Panel

Itsy Bitsy Panel

Itsy Bitsy Panel

What can you do with these you might wonder. Well, I show you two options:

One is called Stacked. The pattern includes instructions for three sizes of quilt: Crib (40.5" by 47.5"), Lap/throw (53" by 63.75") and Twin (74" by 87.5"). For the crib size you just need one panel, but you need two panels for the other two sizes. I made the crib size using the unicorns panel and a purple solid.

Stacked quilt with Unicorns

The other is called Block Talk. This pattern is great for layer cakes, t-shirts, and panels. I used two panels for my version, one for the center and one for the border. You also need some framing fabrics (I used a black, a medium gray and a light gray) and an accent fabric (I used a green grass print). I don't know if I will use the green grass print as binding or use one of the framing fabrics. The pattern is by Swirly Girls and they have an awesome online calculator, Block Talk Calculator, to use with the pattern for figuring out how much yardage you need for the framing fabrics and accent fabric.

Block talk pattern with golf panel

This one will finish at 53.5" by 63.5".



No comments: