Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Still Playing


I'm still playing with my little handwork experiment. A friend lent me a sashiko book so I did two of those designs and two of my own. Mine are the two upper right "messy" ones. I have learned that I prefer the look of the more orderly sashiko stitching, but I don't like marking. So I like to do the "messier," no mark designs better. * sigh* The top fabric is probably going to be the binding.


I have Grandma's button tin out auditioning buttons as possible embellishments for this piece. I don't know how much time I'll have to play today since I am leaving on Thursday for the weekend. Going to be a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding in Nashville, TN. Got to go to the post office, Wal-mart and maybe Safeway too. Tomorrow is another early release day for Parker and I have to work so I've got to do my errands today.

No comments: