Friday, September 25, 2009

Textures 1

I finished my textures experiment yesterday. It's okay, but I don't really like it. I think this is because I didn't have a clear picture of what I wanted before I started. I just started. The first two sections I did are more free-form while the last two are more organized sashiko designs. It has served it's purpose though. I learned that I prefer to do the more free-form stitches that don't require marking. BUT I like the finished look of the more organized, geometric sashiko designs. (I shouldn't be surprised. It's the mathematician in me that likes the geometry) I titled this "Textures 1" thinking I may like to experiment with this idea further. I have several other projects that require my attention now though so it will be a while before I get back to this.

No comments: