Monday, October 19, 2009

Flannel Scraps

I started this yesterday evening and finished it this morning. I usually put flannel on the back of my charity quilts. The hospital prefers flannel backed quilts and since it gets so cold here I just put it on the back of most charity quilts I make. I usually make my charity quilts about 40" by 48" so that they only require 1 1/2 yards of backing fabric, without piecing the backing. This means that there usually isn't much left over of backing fabric, but I have been collecting some scraps from backings in a drawer. My drawer is now full so I decided to do something with these scraps of flannel. This is my "boy" version. I have enough to do a "girl" version too but that will have to wait for another day. I plan to use that "what was I thinking" fabric for the back of this. The flannel will be on the front of this one, but so what.

No comments: