Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

No post yesterday because I went with Parker's second grade class to Diana's Pumpkin Patch and Awesome Corn Maze in Canon City, CO. I left the house at about 7:50 am and did not get home until almost 6:30 pm. Canon City is about a 3 hour drive from Alamosa. I forgot my coffee so I had a caffeine headache by noon and not enough Advil, but the kids had a great time. We walked through the corn maze in small groups and got totally lost. Our group never did find the exit but managed to find one of the entrances to get out. All the kids got to pick a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch to take home. The rule was that they had to be able to carry it themselves. Parker and the other kids with a parent on the trip were lucky because they had an adult to help carry. If I get my camera before Halloween (I hope!!) then I'll post a picture of it. There was an area boxed off by bales of hay and covered with an awning that was filled with corn kernels, like a sandbox but with corn instead of sand. The kids had a great time playing in that. Then they got to go on a hay ride and we made smores around the campfire. All that sandwiched between two 3 hours drives.

Other parents took pictures and with their permission I hope to post a few photos of the trip later.

No comments: