I finished a few charity tops at Retreat. First the Clifford quilt that I was piecing as my Leader and Ender project.
The red is a bit overpowering, but hopefully some child who loves Clifford won't care. I also finished the Pooh charity quilt I cut out at the same time as the above Clifford quilt.
If I had had access to a design wall when I was putting the blocks together, I probably would have put this together differently. However, the top is done and I don't feel it is worth taking it apart at this point.
The third charity quilt I finished was already partially completed. I made the blocks at Retreat last year.
This is really an eye-catching pattern and so simple to make. The pieced blocks are strip pieced and then cut to size. The pattern is formed by rotating the pieced blocks around the alternating print fabric.
The last project I worked on at retreat is another one that was begun at a previous retreat. About two retreats ago I cut out the strips and squares. This year I made 12 blocks.
Today I have been auditioning sashing fabric from my "resource center" (aka stash). I think I have a few things that will work but I need to play with the block layout. I just slapped these up on the design wall and took a quick photo. The "green" ones stand out so I'll need to place those more carefully before sewing them together.
Other than eating, taking walks and pictures, and losing at Mexican Train that is about it for my Retreat Reports.