Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hawaiian Hug, Binding stage

Here are the photos I promised yesterday. The wind cooperated this morning and the lighting is very good. The colors are true in these photos.

the front

the back

I really like the back. I pieced the label into the long pieced area between the green strips. First time I have done that. Well, first time I have thought to do that while I was making the back of a quilt.

side view

block/border close-up

I am really proud of the quilting I did on this. It was difficult to quilt the center two blocks, but I didn't have that much trouble with the rest. My new quilting set-up is really working quite well. It will be better when I move my sewing room to the larger guest room. Currently, when I have my machine set-up in quilting mode, it is very hard to do anything else. I can't even easily access my fabric because I have to push my ironing table all the way up against my fabric bins.

I have the binding hand-sewn to one of the short sides, right hand side in the first photo. Binding is my plan for today. You can click on any of the above photos to see an enlarged version.

4 comments:

Barb said...

Oh wow...your quilt turned out wonderfully!!!

Teresa said...

Its incredible! Your quilting is really amazing!

Mama Pea said...

I said it before, I'll say it again. It is really awesome. Well done. You SHOULD be proud!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That's one of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen.