Monday, December 27, 2010

Long Awaited Day Here

Two years ago we had our main bathroom remodeled. It desperately needed to be renovated! In the process, my son lost his bedroom closet to the new bathroom. It was amazing how much difference about 10 square additional feet made to the bathroom! However, son has been without a closet ever since - until today. I commissioned a local carpenter to make him a built-in closet and desk. It is going to go here.


I painted most of the pieces ahead of time. Here they are in our garage.


Installation began this morning. It is quite loud but will be worth it when it is finished. Son is having a hard time waiting for it to be done.



And here is a Goldie shot.


This fruit roll-up box was brought home for Goldie several months ago. I get really frustrated when trash is brought home to be repurposed because it usually stays trash and on the floor! However, Goldie has really enjoyed this box, but I think she needs a new one!

3 comments:

Sandy H said...

Can't wait to see the finished results!

Mama Pea said...

I can't wait to see how the closet turns out. What a difference that's going to make for him. He must be really excited. That is so neat of you guys to do that for him.

Melissa ;-) said...

No wonder he is excited! What a great desk! And I think Goldie has just gotten that box all broken in the way she likes it!