Saturday, December 4, 2010

Trying to Be Green this Year

I'm making a real effort to use as little wrapping paper this year as I can. So last week sometime I made up these little bags.


These will go to my P.E.O. sisters at our next meeting. I am the president of our chapter this year and I have observed that the president usually gives a small gift to each chapter member at Christmas. I made a whole basket full and inserted a small gift in about an hour and a half!


I didn't do french seams or anything fancy. But I did use up a few of my smaller bits of Christmas prints and some left over ribbon pieces too short for larger gift bags but too long to throw away!

Yesterday, before school got out, I managed to get all of the blocks quilted on Hawaiian Hug and a few sashing pieces quilted too. I don't have any pictures because I was trying to get as much done as I could before 3:15 yesterday. The husband is away again this weekend skiing, so I probably won't get any more chunks of sewing time long enough for quilting until next week.

3 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Wow! Way to go! Those look really cute! Nice job. :-) I hope you get a little "found" sewing time in this week!

Melissa ;-) said...

You are a good president, Lynn!

SandyQuilts said...

Gosh I love fabric bags. I haven't used wrapping paper for about 7-8yrs. I have 100's of bags now in all sizes and shapes. My family knows to return them afterwards. I also make bags for all other gift giving occassions.

http://sandyquilts.blogspot.com/2009/12/fabric-gift-bags-tutorial.html

Merry Quilting