Friday, June 26, 2015

Oh Dear!

Yesterday I saw this blog post on S.O.T.A.K Handmade. I purchased some clothesline and even bought a book on the subject years ago. Like 7 or 8 years ago. The S.O.T.A.K. Handmade post made me want to give this a try. This morning I dug out my package of clothesline. It was in the first place I looked for it. I took that as a sign that I should put aside the project I began yesterday and make a bowl.


For a first try I'm very pleased with it.


I didn't try anything fancy, just tried to make it bowl shaped.


Now I need to go find the book I purchased and read it so I can figure out how to make different shaped bowls. I'd also love to make a bag.

And I need to go buy more clothesline.

I will definitely do more of these.


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Pretty good for a first try. I'm sure mine would have been lopsided. It's fun to try a new project. I keep ^elling myself I'm not going to try this. I'm not. ..I'm not...I'm

Calicojoan said...

Wow, it looks fabulous too. Warning...stitching on clothsline, does become addicting! ;-)

Calicojoan said...

Wow, it looks fabulous too. Warning...stitching on clothsline, does become addicting! ;-)