Thursday, June 4, 2015

This and That Thursday

I have not had much sewing time this week. This is a busy time for me with my real job and I've been spending lots of time on the computer working. I have a few more weeks of work for this school year, then I'll have a week, maybe two, off before I need to start setting things up for next school year. Next school year will be the last for me and this job. I'm looking forward to what comes next. I have a plan, but I'm not ready to share it here yet.

Here is what I've been up to.

First, I started the second Minecraft Notebook Cover. The link will take you to my tutorial.


The front is done, now I'm piecing the back and thinking that maybe I should just use a single green fabric for the back.

I put my Spring Fling leftovers up on my design in the hopes that they will tell me what they want to become.


If they don't start talking soon then they will go into the orphan block basket.

My mom sent me this link to a tutorial for mini design boards. This looked like fun and I just happen to have some foam core that I purchased years ago for a school science project that my son ended up abandoning.


I have everything cut and waiting for me to assemble them. I originally planned to use Alieen's Tacky Glue instead of a glue gun because I didn't know where my glue gun is. But yesterday evening I think I remembered where I put it. If I can find it, I'll use it.

I also found a video tutorial for these if you want to watch instead of read.


2 comments:

Barb said...

Thanks for the tutorial....

West Michigan Quilter said...

Thanks for the links. I'll have to make one of those.