Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Quilting Boxed Up Sample

 I shared with you recently about the new Cluck, Cluck Sew patterns I just got for my shop and that I made the Boxed Up pattern using the new Swatch collection. Well, here is the completed top.

Boxed Up Quilt top completed

I quilted in the ditch to stabilize everything and now I am quilting the blocks. Here is what I am doing in the big squares.

block quilting detail shot 1

block quilting detail shot 2

I am using the Westalee 2" circle template for the circle design and the Westalee 12" Straight-Arc template for the straight lines and for the stitching in the ditch. I haven't decided what I will do for the border around each of the large squares or for the sashing, but I've got a ways to go to finish the large squares so I have plenty of time to figure that out. I'm lovin' it so far!

If you look at the first photo of the whole quilt top you'll notice that the off white fabric with black dots looks more solid gray from a distance. You really don't notice the dots until you get closer. How fun is that?!



No comments: