Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Tourist Tote

 A customer told me about her favorite tote bag pattern recently. It's called the Tourist Tote. It looked like a good pattern and I had a good recommendation for the pattern, so I ordered several copies of it.

Tourist Tote front cover image

Then I had to make one!

Tourist Tote Shop sample using Serene Nature fabric collection

I used four prints from the new Serene Nature fabric collection that arrived recently. This is a very nice bag and a nice pattern. It's not a very complicated bag pattern but you could easily add some pockets (inside or outside between the handles). You could also add a magnetic snap or zipper to the top of the bag.

The top opening is 18 1/2" wide. At the bottom it's 12" wide. It's 12" tall and 7" deep. So it will hold a lot of stuff! It calls for Decor Bond interfacing on everything so it stands up nicely on it's own and is a good, sturdy bag.

The pattern and the individual fabrics are all available on my website.

Tourist Tote Pattern

Serene Nature Fabric Collection

However, if you'd like, I can make you a kit so that you can make a bag exactly like mine or you can let me know which fabrics you want me to use for your kit. The kit would include all of the fabrics for the bag plus the Decor Bond interfacing for $34.99. You'd need to purchase the pattern too, which is $10.99. I'd make you up a kit and then send you a direct link to purchase everything through my website with one click.



No comments: