Thursday, February 18, 2010

Priming

The blogs I like to read all post photos so I feel like I need to post one every time too. This one is of Parker and his cousin Isaiah. Aren't they cute! It was taken in late 2002 or early 2003, so they are both about 7 or 8 months old.

I spent 4 hours this morning priming the laundry room walls. It's a pretty small room so I just bought a gallon of primer figuring that I wouldn't even need all of that. Wow! The walls just soaked up the primer. I was afraid that a gallon wouldn't be enough! I didn't have to dip the paint brush in the paint can to scrap paint off the sides to finish cutting in, but a gallon was enough, barely. I was tempted to run to the paint store and buy a gallon of the color I have picked out for the walls, but decided not to kill myself all in one day. My right wrist is sore as is my back, shoulders and neck. Nothing a couple of Advil, a cup of tea, a few pieces of chocolate and a short rest can't cure. So I decided to save the painting for another day. In a little while I will have to put the washer and dryer back in their places and hook everything back up. One of the hardest things about this project is that it is the laundry room - a much used room in our house. I can't be without a washer and dryer for more than a day or two. I don't want to have to lug everything to a laundry mat. I'm sure there is a laundry mat in town, but I don't know where it is! And this is a really small town! I can't do laundry and paint in the same day because I am a wet paint magnet. If I just walk into a room containing wet paint somewhere, I will get some on me. With my luck, I'd get paint on the clean clothes coming out of the dryer. I don't know how I would do that ... but I would.

By the way, the color I have chosen is called Sea Salt. It's a grayish green color. I think it will look nice against my white metal cabinets and the white washer and dryer. It is going to look horrible with the dark green painted floor, but that will be remedied as soon as I get new flooring. I'm going to get something neutral that hopefully will hide dirt. Maybe I should take some dirt from our yard with me to the flooring store!

While painting this morning I listened to several old episodes of a podcast called Within a Quarter Inch. Yes, I've started listening to podcasts. I am enjoying it much more than I thought I would. Pat Sloan got me started. I've been following her blog for a while and she recently started a podcast called Pat Sloan's Creative Talk Radio, so I thought I would give it a try. The good ones are really fun to listen to and there are podcasts in all genres.

No comments: