Saturday, June 12, 2010

Enjoying the Quiet

My boys (son and husband) did go camping and left this morning. The weather has been "iffy" all day with a little rain, lots of wind, random sunshine and cooler temperatures (low 70s). I have no idea what the weather is like where they are camping, but it is probably cooler there than here. I hope they are having a good time because I sure am. Here is what I have been up to today.


I'm at that stage in the process where I'm not sure how I want to proceed. So far the quilt is shaping up pretty much like the one in my head. However, when it comes to the quilting, I can't see that detail on the version in my head. So what to do?

My usual response to this dilemma is to do nothing. I just leave the quilt up on my design wall and work on something else while I ponder how to proceed next. I will do that in this case too.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

straight line quilting would look wonderful on this quilt...

Sandy said...

Here's to a good ponder. I often just leave something "be" for awhile while I move onto other things. Eventually inspiration will hit. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Hope you're having a great weekend with the peace and quiet.

Stephanie in Michigan said...

I like how it is shaping up! I agree that letting things sit and "percolate" a while helps. I see something that looks like big flowers in that little rectangle inside the pink rectangle in the lower right-hand corner. What about big flowers in the quilting?