Monday, July 18, 2011

Cleaning Out - sort of

I took a trunk full of stuff to guild on Saturday for the in-house raffle table. However .... I have a friend who is also cleaning out and she brought me stuff to take for her. I don't need anything! But I couldn't help myself. I kept a couple things from her pile.

Some bag patterns.


She even had some fabric and tubular frames for a carpet bag pattern in the book. I kept those too, but I must make the bag by the end of the year or I have to get rid of them.

She also had an eight month Block of the Month that includes fabric (flannel) and the pattern for each month. I don't think she even started month 1!


I kept it because I thought it was too nice to go on the $1 a ticket in-house raffle table. I also thought it would make a nice raffle quilt for the guild or one of the local charities we give quilts to for raffle. I don't really want to make the whole thing myself, but I plan to take it to the guild and see if someone will help me with it. It might make a nice retreat project in October.

I also kept a fabric bundle and pattern that I plan to use as a giveaway. I'm not showing you a photo of it yet though. I've got a couple of things set aside for giveaways to celebrate my 500th post. If I continue posting at my usual pace, the 500th post should be in late August or early September.

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Nice score! I don't think I could have resisted either. :o)
Deborah

Mama Pea said...

That's pretty good! I have all this stuff my mom gave me from her cleaning. I'm trying to decide what to keep and what to give. I need to give most of it! It's pretty good stuff! I think I'll have "giveaway week" for the week of my birthday!