Monday, July 11, 2011

Feedsack Sampler and a New Blog

I only still own one of the feedsack quilts I've made. I'm still looking for photos of the others. So this is the first one. I call it Feedsack Sampler because it contains a sample square (actually 2) of every feedsack fabric I had at the time. It was completed in May 2006.


I quilted it by hand and quilted my son's traced hand in each of the squares.


I documented the quilt quite well on the label. Click on the image to enlarge it so you can read the label.


I'm contributing to a new blog about free motion quilting. The blog is called Celebrating! Big Girl Pants. I made my first post on it this morning. Check it out here. I finished quilting one of my UFOs. Hopefully I'll get the binding finished by Friday and be able to post a finish on Friday for my Little Green Quilters UFO report on Susan's blog Blackberry Creek Home Arts.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

How wonderful to have quilted your son's hand that way. Cute kitty on the label. :)

Deborah said...

What an awesome quilt! I love how you used your son's hand. I'm heading over to the FMQ blog next to see your post there.
Enjoy your evening!
Deborah

Mama Pea said...

Great quilt....love that you put your son's hand prints in the quilting. Great documentation. I like feedsacks. At my retreat, the antique store next door had lots of feedsacks (or parts of them) for sale. I wanted to buy some, but couldn't start a new collection!