Thursday, November 20, 2014

Film At Five Quilt Top Finished

My scrap group met yesterday at our new home, Kathy's Fabric Trunk in Del Norte, CO. It's a bit of a drive for me, but worth it to get to spend time sewing with friends.

We worked on our Film At Five quilts using Deanna's excellent tutorial. I finished my top this morning.


My top is 54" by 70" as I only made 12 blocks instead of the 25 blocks called for in the tutorial. I used Kona Ash for my background and a packet of coordinating 2.5" strips I had in my 2.5" strip box.

When finished this top will be going to Gene's Angel Project, so it needs to get finished soon. I've started pulling out potentially backing fabrics and hope to make a decision and get this basted in the next day or two.


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love this quilt! Looks like a great way to use scraps. Thanks for the link. I want to make this quilt but it looks like a lot of piecing to me. I'll go read the instructions to decide if I can do it. Again, beautiful quilt.

Gene Black said...

Oh wow! That is gorgeous. You are truly an angel for sending this quilt. I know that some teen in the shelter will say happily claim this one.