Wednesday, November 5, 2014

UFO Progress

I'm finally quilting a small improv pieced top I last blogged about in September 2012. Click here to go to that post.



I was surprised to discover that it has been waiting so long for me to get back to it. I don't even remember what, if anything, I had planned for the quilting besides the fact that I wanted to hand quilt it densely. I have done some ditch stitching to hold things in place. Now I am just filling the spaces with whatever occurs to me at the time.


4 comments:

Gene Black said...

I admire hand quilting. It is not something I plan to do on anything larger than a small wall quilt. Perhaps if I had a place to set up and leave a frame, I would do it.

Ann said...

Interesting piece, Lynn. I particularly like the way the blue "L" movew your eye around.

Zenia Rene said...

I like this piece. Very modern.

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love this modern quilt. Looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.