Thursday, April 30, 2015

One Hour Basket

Last night I saw Debbie's One Hour Basket on her blog. She posted a link to the tutorial, as I just did, so I checked it out. It's a free pattern you can download from Craftsy.

It looked easy enough so I dug around for some fabric and my fusible fleece and cut one out. I sewed it up this morning.


I used a home dec fabric for the outside and I added a 9" strip of webbing inside the handles to make them a bit stiffer. I don't know exactly how long this took me since I didn't make it in one sitting. My guess is about 2 hours which includes hunting for my home dec fabrics and the fusible fleece. The tutorial is very clear and easy to follow. You could easily add some exterior pockets and I might do that on my next one, because I will definitely make more of these. It's a fun and functional project!

Time to go fill it with something!


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

That looks wonderful! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the link. I think they would make nice gifts.

Debbie said...

This turned out super cute!