Monday, April 13, 2015

A Finish :: Strip QAYG

My first attempt at a beginner friendly QAYG project didn't turn out as well as I imagined in my head.

Here is the front.



There is not enough contrast in the fabrics, even though they are all from the same fabric line (except for the solid green used for the joining strips).

And this is the back.



I like the back better than the front.

The idea has potential, but it needs some work. It ended up being a good size for a baby quilt. The finished size is 38" by 42." I'll try again soon.


3 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I'm not sure I agree. I like it. Like the back too. You've made a reversible quilt! Great job!

Gene Black said...

I rarely use only one fabric line because of the lack of contrast. I like more contrast than most of them have in the line.

Mama Pea said...

I don't know. I think it looks pretty dang good!