Friday, April 3, 2015

Yesterday was a Productive Sewing Day

As a warm up for free motion quilting my Yellow Brick Road top, I quilted up the pillow cover I started last month for my guild demo.

Turned out alright I think.

Rather than getting side tracked by finishing the pillow cover, I moved on to the Yellow Brick Road quilt. I showed you the unfinished top yesterday and mentioned that I found the perfect backing for it recently. So here is the quilted back.

The quilting design shows up best in the green stripe on the back. This green is the outer border on the front and will also be the binding. The width of fabric was just a little too narrow for the top but not narrow enough to cut another length of the backing fabric. A six inch strip of this green was all I needed. I've got the label made and partially attached. The binding is attached to the front and I hope to spend some time this weekend getting this finished up.

1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love the quilting on your pillow. You do great work.