Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cub Scout Disappearing 9 Patch


Here are some in progress photos of the quilt I am making for Parker using the Cub Scout and Boy Scout fabric I bought recently. I'm still trying out block placement patterns, but so far this (above photo) is my favorite. Below is a photo of the two nine patch blocks I started with, then quartered to make the blocks above.


p.s. i quilt did a really nice tutorial for making the disappearing nine patch block. I've also heard it called tossed nine patch. Here I found a nice one page downloadable pdf instruction page for the block. Tomorrow I'll show you the scrappy version that I am making for charity and a sample for my upcoming guild block swap.

1 comment:

Stephanie in Michigan said...

I think your layout looks really good. Well done!