Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Circle Flower



Doesn't look much like a flower now, does it? But add some stitching and the flower appears.


I saw a design similar to this on a skirt in a catalog. I really liked the skirt and the design. Unfortunately, the skirt is $98 so it won't be coming to live at my house. However, the design idea will find a home here.

This is another small sample piece for an idea I have. It is about 8" square. I used the end of a spool of YLI thread as a pattern for the circles. I'm guessing they are about 1 1/2" in diameter. The thread is a variegated orange DMC floss but the color changes are really subtle. Probably too subtle to be effective for this piece.

4 comments:

Stephanie in Michigan said...

Very cool! I just love how you experiment and play. I have a hard time doing that. I want my efforts to be for a specific project. I think I would be more effective at what I do if I followed your lead. Love the variegated thread. It is subtle, but it is nice! I am such a sucker for variegated thread!

Barb said...

How creative...

Clare Wassermann said...

That's a good idea - some skirts these days have lovely applique ideas - I'll have to study them more carefully - I also like your tree. Thanks for the idea on finishing the edges.

pegcollins said...

Lynn, that is so cool!