Monday, May 10, 2010

Playing with Lines and Stitches 3


I finished my third lines and stitches piece. For this one I just used the pillowcase method to finish it instead of adding binding. It occurs to me that I should be telling you how big these are. This one is approximately 7" by 8". My first lines and stitches piece is a tad smaller than this one and the second one is approximately 8" by 9". So these are all small pieces. All of the fabrics used in this piece came from the box suit wool I was gifted in 2007. The brown piece was probably intended to be lining fabric. It looks like linen - very open weave - but feels like it might have some silk in it because it feels silky. The other two are wools.

This is finals week for me so I am very busy with that. But worse is the fact that my regular schedule is now gone. I am very schedule oriented and it always takes me a couple of weeks to adjust and find my new schedule every time the semester ends or school ends for my son. In addition, my son has a birthday coming up on the 27th and multiple end-of-year activities at school. So I feel like I'm being pulled in multiple directions. I may not post as often or have time to work on things worth posting about as often for a couple weeks.

I am again working on the Cub Scout quilt I'm making for Parker. I hope to have it finished for his birthday, but I'm cutting it close. Tomorrow I will post photos of my progress on that project. The center is done. I've finally decided what I want to do for the border. Now I just have to do it. So I'd better go get on that. I've got about an hour left before Parker gets home from school.

2 comments:

Stephanie in Michigan said...

Lynn, it looks great. It will be neat to put these together somewhere in a series. Love it. I know what you mean by the end-of-the-semester challenges! We just finished our semester here, so that was crazy. Now, I can work in my office a little, but it's still pretty busy. Sweet Pea has another 5 weeks of school, so I'm trying to get as much done as I can while she's still in school! Can't wait to see how the cub scout quilt turns out.

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, love your stitches!