Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wonky Rail Fence Blocks


I tried another block style in "wonky piecing." I'm specifically using the same fabrics and fabric style from my scraps so that all these blocks can go together into one quilt. I made these rail fence blocks 5" so that when I sew four together the block will measure 9.5", the same as my wonky log cabin blocks. It is hard to see in these small blocks with small strips, but I also did some curved piecing. I'm just trying out the technique and it worked pretty well.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

I really like the color combo and the concept! Great way to use up a lot of scraps!

Stephanie in Michigan said...

It's looking good. Your color combination is great, and the wonky strips will look great when you are done! Can't wait to see what you do with it.