Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Backs and Basting

Yesterday morning I made backs for three tops that I have waiting to be quilted.

One

Two

I was able to baste two of them yesterday in between doing other stuff. The third one will have to wait for another day to be basted which is why there is no picture of it. There is no hurry since I don't know when I will have time to quilt either of the two that are basted. I'm hoping for some time this weekend to get at least one done, but no promises.

Sewing time is slim around here right now and will remain so for at least a few more weeks. As I told you previously, my LQS, where I work part-time, is closing. Until it closes we are all working more days/hours than we normally do. Usually I work at most two week days and one Saturday per month. This week I'm working three days, next week I'm on the schedule for four days and the week after that I'm working three days but only because I will be leaving for the weekend to attend my guild's Fall Retreat. I haven't looked any further than that. This has been the norm for the past month which is why I haven't been posting very much.

I do get a little bit of time to sew when I am home but mostly I have been doing hand applique which takes a long time. I hate to keep showing you the same block day after day. All I could say is, "Oh look, I sewed another star down." I've also been working on my Sue Spargo 2014 BOM, but I'm not allowed to show photos of that on my blog yet.

This won't last forever. The owner is also ready to be done. I doubt we will be open for very much of November, if at all. Then I hope to have more time to sew and more time to blog!!!


2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Your quilts are beautiful, so bright and cherry! Sorry you are so busy now, but things will soon change and you'll have time to relax and get back to sewing. Anxious to see these quilts when finished!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, no! Your LQS is closing? How sad! I'm so sorry to hear that. Maybe you should buy it. ;-) What a drag.