Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Show and Tell :: Quilts for Oncology

First, I'll give a brief retreat report. I had a great time. I have nothing to show you because the only thing I worked on was my 2014 Sue Spargo BOM. I made myself a little corner on one of the sofas and stitched and chatted all weekend. It was wonderful!

Now for the show and tell. All three of these quilts were made by my friend Debbie. She is a member of my scrap group and two of these three were scrap group projects.

First is her Scrap Jar Stars.


Second is her Scrappy Trails.


I showed you my Scrappy Trails last week. Click this link to go directly to that post to see my version.

This last quilt is not a scrap group project, but it could be at some point because I love this one.


And check out the back of this one.


It really shows off the beautiful quilting too. All of these quilts were quilted by another friend, Peg. She is a local long arm quilter and she has a nice website. Click here to go to Peg's website.

I photographed Debbie's quilts for oncology last week thinking that it would be nice to start photographing all of the quilts for oncology that I receive to deliver to the hospital. Then I received 10 more quilts for oncology! I would still like to photograph them all before delivering them, but I didn't expect to get so many at one time. It is sunny with no wind this morning. I hope to get at least some of them photographed once the sun gets high enough as long as the wind doesn't pick up. My plan is to sprinkle in posts of photos of quilts for oncology as nice eye candy for you and when I want to post but don't have much of my own work to show you.


1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

These quilts are stunning. And the quilting on them is awesome. What beautiful quilts for such a worthy cause. Can't wait to see the others you received!