Thursday, October 23, 2014

Two Finishes

I finally finished the binding and labels on the two charity quilts I quilted recently. Both of these were shop samples. They hung unquilted at my LQS for months advertising classes or patterns.

The first one was made using the Accuquilt studio cutter sampler dies. This is the starter pack of dies that you can get when you first buy your studio cutter. There are 72 different block patterns you can make with the die set. I just made a small sampler of 12 blocks.


And the back, from stash.


The finished quilt is about 44" by 58".

This next quilt was made for my Happy Scrappers group. It is called Scrappy Trails. The pattern was in the book "Cut the Scraps" by Joan Ford.


The back is also from stash. I bought this before we moved to Alamosa so it is at least 10 years old, probably older.


The finished quilt is 54" by 60".

Both of these quilts will be donated to my local hospital for the oncology department. The bags have already been made.


3 comments:

Gene Black said...

It is always fun to pull out the old stash fabrics and use them.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Love your quilts. I bet it is a good feeling getting them finished. What a good thing you are doing to give them to the hospital.

Jeanne said...

Wonderful quilt! Someone will be cuddly under them and thanking you!