Friday, October 31, 2014

Removing Plastic From the Bottom of your Iron

My mom called me recently having just accidentally ironed a plastic bag. She immediately turned off her iron, but the damage had already been done. The plastic bag had melted to the bottom of her iron. So now what?

I googled "how do you clean melted plastic off an iron?" and found several solutions. This is the one she followed.

She emptied all the water out of the iron and let it cool, then put it in the freezer. After a couple of hours she took the iron out of the freezer and the melted plastic bag peeled right off!

So if you ever find yourself in this position, don't panic! Now you know what to do.


P.S. This is a repost from my LQS blog. Since my LQS is closing, that blog will be disappearing. I was the main contributor of that blog and I wanted to keep the tutorial posts I did for it. So I am reposting them here.

1 comment:

West Michigan Quilter said...

Great idea. I never would have thought of that! Thanks for the tip!