Friday, July 17, 2015

A Blue One This Time

Today I'm using up my second 200 ft. package of clothesline. This time I making a "blue" tote.


I will use another package of pre-made handles from my stash for this one too. You can see them in the photo above to the left of the tote in-progress.

Here is a hint I came up with for dealing with 200 ft of clothesline as you work so that it doesn't get tangled.


When you open up a package it is wrapped nicely around itself. Once you have used up that portion however, things start getting tangled. I took another package of clothesline and put it through the loops. A dowel or broom handle would be perfect for this but the package of clothesline was handy for me. This kept the tangles to a minimum. I did get a small tangle toward the end, but this trick saved me from the huge tangled mess I've had previously.

I took my red tote with me on Wednesday to my scrap group at Kathy's Fabric Trunk. A class has already been scheduled for August for this project. Kathy will be ordering clothesline and pre-made handles. If you are local and want to take a class from on this, call Kathy's and sign up for the class. The class is called "Trendy Tote." The first class is scheduled for August 5, 2015. I'm sure there will be other dates added in future months.

I'll leave you with one last photo. Another Spooky photo. She found another use for my red tote.


I had to use my lint roller inside the bag after she was finished with her nap to clean up the black cat hair. I've put the tote in the closet so she will have to find another place to nap next time. She loves to nap inside things more than any other cat I've ever had.


1 comment:

Marlene said...

I had a laughing at me, when I saw the photo of the bag Lynn and thought 'the addiction isn't cured yet' !! Now it's lead to teaching it -congratulations. Would certainly be there if I lived anywhere near you Love the photo of Spooky.