Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Another Clothesline Tote

I tried two new things with this one.

First, I used a single thread for this one. I had an unused spool of Signature variegated thread. The spool had 500 yards on it and I used most of it for this tote. It gives a different look to the finished tote to use a single thread for the whole thing. It also goes much faster because you don't need to keep changing thread on your machine. This one took about 2 2/3 bobbins on my BERNINA 380.

Second, I tried adding the handles as I was making the tote. I like this idea, but they didn't turn out as I had hoped. The spacing and shape isn't quite right. They work just fine but I will adjust things with the next one. 

This one used all but about 18" of a 100 ft. package of clothesline.


lindamid said...

I was going to ask you about using a colored thread instead of a neutral one. I like the look. On the class project how much thread should we have and bobbin #. I have some dark varigated thread I was thinking about using.

Mama Pea said...

Man, you've been busy! I love this, and I think the handles look great. I've only seen these kinds of things with fabric wrapped around the clothesline. I really like it with the plain clothesline and colored thread!